Leeds Roller Dolls out of England appeared on BBC News! Check it out:
Archive for April, 2008
Posted by hooligal on April 25, 2008
Posted by hooligal on April 24, 2008
Lesbilicious magazine caught some of the derby action in London England, and asked them some fun and silly questions:
Posted by hooligal on April 22, 2008
Here’s what you’ve been waiting for: from derbyluv.com
What you were all waiting for!
In game order:
01 Pool A – First Round 10:30
Hamilton – Steel Town Tank Girls (40) Toronto – Smoke City Betties (18 )
02 Pool A – First Round 11:00
Montreal – La Racaille (65) Ottawa – Bytown Blackhearts (29)
03 Pool A – First Round 11:30
Hamilton – Death Row Dames (17) Buffalo – Devil Dollies (54 )
04 Pool A – First Round 12:00
Montreal – Les Contrabanditas (50) Toronto – D-VAS (27)
05 Pool A – Quarter Final 12:30
Hamilton – Steel Town Tank Girls (30) Montreal – La Racaille (32)
06 Pool A – Quarter Final 13:00
Buffalo – Devil Dollies (16) Montreal – Les Contrabanditas (42)
07 Pool A – Semi Final 13:30
Montreal – La Racaille (39) Montreal – Les Contrabanditas (32)
08 Pool B – First Round 15:00
Hamilton – Harlots (52) Toronto – Gore-Gore Rollergirls (13)
09 Pool B – First Round 15:30
Toronto – Bay Street Bruisers (45) London – Thames Fatales (38 )
10 Pool B – First Round 16:00
Toronto – Chicks Ahoy! (65) London – Trashers (13)
11 Pool B – First Round 16:30
Montreal – Les Filles du Roi (37) Toronto – Death Track Dolls (23)
12 Pool B – Quarter Final 17:00
Hamilton – Harlots (53) Toronto – Bay Street Bruisers (15)
13 Pool B – Quarter Final 17:30
Toronto – Chicks Ahoy! (30) Montreal – Les Filles du Roi (38 )
14 Pool B – Semi Final 18:00
Hamilton – Harlots (58 ) Montreal – Les Filles du Roi (29)
15 3rd Place Game 20:00
Montreal – Les Contrabanditas vs. Montreal – Les Filles du Roi – Cancelled for time
16 Final Game 20:30
Montreal – La Racaille (18 ) Hamilton – Harlots (55)
Hamilton Harlots are the Beast of the East
See the gallery for more pics from the Beast of the East!
Posted in Bouts/Recaps, canada, Forest City Derby Girls, Hammercity Rollergirls, montreal roller derby, Ottawa Roller Derby, Toronto Roller Derby, Videos | Tagged: beast of the east, montreal, results, scores | Leave a Comment »
Posted by hooligal on April 21, 2008
The rough and tumble Hammercity Rollergirls out of Hamilton, Canada have an exciting and busy season this year. The Hamilton Harlots went undefeated in the Beast Of The East tournament, do they have what it takes to win the home season? Also debuting Hammercitys newist team: The Deathrow Dames!
April 19th Montreal’s Beast of the East (Montreal away tournament)
May 10th Harlots vs. Tanks
May 24th Dames vs. Ottawa
June 7th Tanks vs. Flynt
June 14 Dames vs. Harlots
June 21 st All Star vs. Tord (Toronto away game)
June 28 Dames vs. Tanks
July 12 th All star vs. Montreal (Montreal away game)
July 26 Harlots vs. Madison Mad Rollin Dolls
Aug 9th Round Robin HCRG Championship
Aug 15 all star vs Texas Hot Rod Honeys
Aug 30 th all star vs. Killamazoo Derby Darlins (Kalamazoo away game)
Sept 13 th all star vs. NRRG (North East Ohio away game)
Sept 20 th all satr in Fall Brawl Tournament (Ft. Wayne Indiana away tournament)
Oct 4 th all star vs. The Chicago Outfit (Chicago away game)
“On top of all this we have great bands, and dj’s lined up for the after party’s and even a surprise MC for a game or two! Don’t miss a minute of this our biggest year yet. Check out the launch party on April 26 th at Mainway Sports and rec in Burlington. Batting cages, skating, indoor volley ball, rockband and hot Burlington band Dark Pearl will play. See the website for details.” Danger Mouse, Hamitlon Harlots
Posted by hooligal on April 21, 2008
A nice little article on Regina, Canada’s new derby league! Thanks Hurt Reynolds:
Posted by hooligal on April 20, 2008
From Derbyluv.com :
The BEAST. OF. The. EAST!
Here’s a breakdown – well as much as I caught(I was stuck working the bar longer than my planned shift), but I will try to get the proper results and scores from our Head Ref later…
Steel Town Tank Girls vs Smoke City Betties (L)
La Racaille vs The Bytown Blackhearts (L)
Death Row Dames (L) vs Devil Dollies
Steel Town Tank Girls (L) vs La Racaille
ToRD D-VAS (L) vs MTLRD Les Contrabanditas
Semi-Final 1: Les Contrabanditas (L) vs La Racaille
ToRD Gore Gore Rollergirls (L) vs Hamilton Harlots
Bay Street Brusies vs Thames Fatales (L)
London Thrashers (L) vs ToRD Chicks Ahoy
Death Track Dolls (L) vs Les Filles du Roi
Chicks Ahoy (L) vs Les Filles du Roi
Hamilton Harlots vs Bay Street Bruisers (L)
Semi-Final 2: Hamilton Harlots vs Les Filles du Roi (L)
Beast of the East: Hamilton Harlots
Special nods go out to the London Thrashers, Death Row Dames, and the Thames Fatales. This was one of the first games for some of these teams, and kudos to them for working hard and doing ther best. London played with 7 players against a full bench of Chicks Ahoy, and that was awesome.
Other special notes, the teams to beat will obviously be the Hamilton Harlots, Les Filles du Roi, and a runaway win in their second appearance in MTL La Racaille. Iron Wrench, jammer and captain of La Racaille created a buzz amongst the crowd with her speed and natural agility. Hamilton Harlots, though, deserved the Beast of the East title, they skated tight, fast, and smart. Since I’m moving to Hamilton in a couple of weeks, my response was, ” I wanna grow up to be a Harlot someday.”
Okay then, it was a long day and a crazy after party, so I will see about getting those scores. In the meantime, you can check out all these teams online for news on their season openers.
Derby Luv to ya!
Posted in Bouts/Recaps, canada, Forest City Derby Girls, Hammercity Rollergirls, montreal roller derby, Ottawa Roller Derby, Toronto Roller Derby | Tagged: beast of the east, montreal, roller derby, tournament | 1 Comment »
Posted by georgiawtush on April 14, 2008
do you want to know what is very time consuming? planning, organizing, and hosting a tournament for 16 teams. next week montreal will be hosting the beast of the east, an eastern canadian + buffalo, NY derby tournament. after months of planning it is finally here!
i hope everything goes smoothly, and nothing explodes or breaks. i have never planned a tournament in my life, so if this whole thing works out, it will be quite the accomplishment.
anyhoo..i will keep interderby updated with the tournament results! long live the beast!!!! i can’t wait to meet all of the surrounding area derby girls and boys.
Posted by hooligal on April 13, 2008
NUTV footage from the Wild Rose Challenge last weekend. CRDA Hellion Rebellion VS
Posted by Fury on April 8, 2008
So, fellas, and some lucky ladies, your partner has joined the derby. You thought it would be fun for your woman to pick up a new sport, and now you sit in a house full of sexy hosiery wondering when you will see your partner again. This is a challenging time fraught with confusion and loneliness. Know that you are not alone. The mourning process is real. Every widow’s experience is unique, but you may recognise the following:
- Denial – Many of us are ashamed to admit that early in the derby widow experience, it is actually exciting. Suddenly, it’s ok to watch a mass of women in short skirts plow into each other without turning off the internet browser filter. Your home is often filled with your wife’s hot, hilarious teammates. Your lover’s fitness is advancing at an astonishing rate, she’s taken over changing tyres, and she seems to have found an inexplicable comfort with firearms. When she drags you to the local all-night roller disco, you beam with pride at her skating skills.
- Anger- It’s 9:30 p.m. and you haven’t seen Madamoiselle de Derby since yesterday. The house is littered with skates or wristguards that smell like week-old roadkill that previously subsisted on a diet of limburger. She’s spending all her time doing ‘tracking stats’, writing ‘line-ups’ or glued to some message board discussing the merits of taping make-up sponges to her blisters. Then, when you slump off to the pub to drown your sorrows with your mates, she rolls in two hours after you, red-faced and laughing about the ‘after party’.
- Bargaining – You are a product of the modern age, no? You can handle this if she’ll just give in a bit. But your attempts to keep Wednesdays for ‘us’ time and coax her to take the summer hols somewhere where she can’t visit a local league just aren’t making it go away.
- Sadness – You miss her. It’s common to experience ‘What if’ questions at this stage, like ‘What if I had just encouraged her to join something more delicate, like street fighting or kendo instead?’
- Acceptance – Hard as it may be to understand this, you will eventually learn to embrace your roller derby girl. You may start to realise that your mates crowd around with anticipation to hear about the latest pile-up at practice, that when you finally watch a bout it feels like your first rock concert, or that you’ve tried on the referee stripes and have developed a taste of your own for the track. The women of the roller derby are a rare breed who will find the derby with or without you. All you can do is thank the derby goddesses above, and start on that sign for the next bout.
For more to soothe your soul, visit Birmingham’s own original roller derby league at http://www.blitzdames.com. Better yet, come to our next bout on the 12th of April at Cocks Moors Leisure Centre and see what the obsession is about. Doors open at 6:00 p.m and the action starts at 7:00. Tickets now available online.
Written by “Helen Fury”, #10 Birmingham Blitz Derby Dames, and approved by my own dear derby widow.
Posted by hooligal on April 7, 2008
It’s the Riot Girls vs the Faster Pussycats as Terminal City Roller Girls kick off the begining of their 2008 season. The action takes place April 12 at Kerrisdale arena in Vancouver, British Columbia. More information can be found at www.terminalcityrollergirls.com .